Saturday 23 January 2021

Message to clients

I retired from my day-job as a test systems design engineer in April 2020 with the view to spending more time on my part-time business/hobby Synovatron. However due to a number of factors (mainly age, health, fitness and to a lesser extent COVID-19 restrictions and Brexit) I have reluctantly decided to call it a day on Synovatron and retire completely

From 1st February 2021 Synovatron Limited will cease to trade and will not be taking any new orders from then. I will, however, retain spares and test equipment in order to provide support and warranty cover for any Synovatron products sold directly by me or by retailers during 2020, 2021.  

The Synovatron logo is a representation of me and my wife (the two birds) flying off into the sunset so I guess I always realised this point would come, I wish that I had the fitness for it to have been further away, but that's life. So long and thanks for the interest, I really enjoyed making stuff that people use for creative sound exploration. I will be refurbishing my house, spending precious time with my family and actually playing my own synths (for once). Keep safe you lovely people.

NOTE: Some products (e.g. CVGT1, Euro Bananas, Jacks) may find their way to various retailers and some may even be continued by other parties (and possibly rebranded) yet to be confirmed. Watch this space - I will post any news if anyone does take up continued production.




6 comments:

  1. My CVGT1 arrived today and I see I'm late to the retirement party. Congrats. I can feel the quality and I'm having fun getting my shared system to talk to my music easel tonight. Thanks and best of luck in the next chapter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that's very kind. Feel free to ping me any questions you may have, I aim to support my products for at least the next year. I presume you have a Black Gold CVGT1. I wish you lots of fun with your synths.

      Delete
  2. Darn, I finally find the solution to having my 200e play with others and the CVGT1 is no more!!! Congratulations on the retirement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your retirement! Do you have any plans to sell/license/release schematics of your CVGT1 design? I just got an easel and would really like one whether I had buy it built or would even build it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glorious Modular Keyboard in UAE, Mechanical Gaming Keyboard in UAE, Gaming Keyboard in UAE
    https://pcdubai.com/glorious-modular/
    Glorious Modular Keyboard in UAE, Safe Shopping Multiple Payment Options Express Delivery PC Dubai Moneyback Guarantee.
    1634003410024-15

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello. We met briefly at the first London Modular meet up's held at a University (I forget which). You had the briefcase with some of your CV tools modules and were very pleasant to talk with. Thank you for the potentiometer fixings, prototyping kit (now an OR mixer) and modular briefcase instructions. Very best wishes for you and your wife in retirement. Ben

    ReplyDelete